There are a lot of annoying people out there who like to whine and complain about others for no reason. Many of these people are passive aggressive sorts. This step by step guide will (hopefully) help you cope with such people.
1. Accept that when you are being complained about for something you're sure you didn't do, then it's not your problem. Realize that you are not the problem, it's the one complaining who has a problem. That's right, they have a problem.
2. Don't let this person's complaining get to you. Make your face neutral, put on the 'I don't care' look. Thinking that you are a brick wall and they're the rubber ball might work. Rubber balls bounce off brick walls.
3. Ask the complainer to put their complaint in writing. Tell them that it is important that they only state the facts, not their feelings. Then encourage them to give their comments to the person(or persons) who can actually do something about their complaint. Nine times out of ten, they will stop complaining and they won't write anything down.
4. Think of the complainer as a three year old. Their life is more suited to a little kid than a teenager because all they do is whine and complain for no reason.
5. If you must walk by the complainers, walk by them with your friends. You will be less of a target.
Here are some reasons about why people whine and complain all of the time:
- They may have a big ego, or think they're better than the rest, and that's (usually) not true.
- Usually people who complain are unhappy. They are unsatisfied with life. They are not getting what they need or want to be happy, so they complain.
- If they are complaining about you and demand an apology, and you have no idea what you have done wrong, don't give it to them! It's not your fault that they are never satisfied!
- When a person complains, you can suggest a solution. Sometimes, it's helpful, but there's a chance they will say "Yeah, I know, but...." complain complain complain, etc.
- Send them to JustGriping.com. A place online for them to whine and complain all day long without annoying anyone else. hahahaha..